We maintain high standards so employers choose our graduates.

It is the policy of Sullivan College of Technology and Design (SCTD) to provide tuition credit to students who transfer credit hours that apply directly to their chosen course of study. Students transferring from another college, university or technical school must provide SCTD with an official transcript of courses completed. SCTD accepts credit from other accredited post-secondary institutions whose accrediting body is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Credit will be approved only for those courses that are equivalent to courses offered at SCTD and in which the student has earned a grade of “C” or better.

The registrar and academic dean are responsible for determining course work eligible for transfer into a program of study at the college. Financial credit for transfer classes will not be awarded until the student completes his/her program of study.

Students enrolled on a full program agreement may apply the financial credit of transferred classes in one of the following manners:

  • The student may elect to take the SCTD course to ensure his/her understanding of the material and forfeit the transfer credit.
  • The student may substitute a course from outside his/her program of study as an elective.
  • The student may receive financial credit to be applied to his/her tuition obligation.

Note: To be awarded a degree, diploma or certificate, 25% of all program requirements must be completed at SCTD.

Transfer of Credit Policy

Transfer Credit from Sullivan College of Technology and Design

Each college or university makes its own decisions about what transfer credits it will accept. Students considering transferring to other institutions should not assume that credits earned at Sullivan College of Technology and Design (SCTD) will be accepted by a receiving institution. An institution’s accreditation does not guarantee that credits earned at that institution will be accepted for transfer by any other institution. Students must contact an appropriate administrator of the receiving institution to determine which credits, if any, that institution will accept.